Application for University of Education, Winneba Internal Staff Vacancies for 2017 is ongoing. You can find application details, eligibility criteria, requirements and other guidelines below.
The management is recruiting qualified candidates into the available academic vacancies at University of Education, Winneba (UEW). Applications are therefore invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for vacancies that exist at the University of Education, Winneba.
University of Education, Winneba Staff Vacancies Available 2017 (Academic)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified staff of the University for appointment to the following positions in the University of Education, Winneba:
- Dean and Vice-Dean, Faculty of Educational Studies, Winneba
- Dean and Vice-Dean, Faculty of Social Science Education, Winneba
- Dean and Vice-Dean, School of Creative Arts, Winneba
- Dean, School of Graduate Studies, Winneba
- Dean, Business School, Winneba
- Director, Institute for Distance and E-Learning, Winneba
- Director, Institute for Teacher Education and Continuing Professional Development, Winneba
- Director, Quality Assurance, Winneba
- Dean, Office of Dean of Student Affairs, Winneba
- Vice Dean, Office of Dean of Student Affairs, Winneba, Kumasi, Mampong and Ajumako
- Dean and Vice-Dean, Faculty of Foreign Languages and Communication, Winneba
- Dean and Vice-Dean, Faculty of Ghanaian Languages Education, Ajumako
- Dean and Vice-Dean, Faculty of Agriculture Education, Mampong
- Dean and Vice-Dean, Faculty of Technical Education, Kumasi
- Dean and Vice-Dean, Faculty of Vocational Education, Kumasi
- Dean and Vice -Dean, Faculty of Business Education, Kumasi
- Director and Deputy Director, Centre for Competency-Based Training and Research (CCBTR)
The Dean of Faculty is a Senior Academic Officer reporting to the Vice-Chancellor or any other person acting on his/her behalf. He/she provides strong leadership and vision for the design, delivery and continuing review and assessment of all academic programmes and courses.
Responsibilities of Dean/Vice-Dean at UEW Ghana
Per Statute 28 of UEW Statutes the Dean of Faculty/School shall:
- be responsible for providing leadership to the Faculty in the exercise of its powers specified in these Statutes.
- be the Chairperson of the Faculty Board and the Head of the Faculty.
- in consultation with the Heads of Department, have the responsibility for the training of students and for the monitoring of Lecturers on study leave.
- liaise with professional institutions, associations and similar bodies, and organise consultative committees comprising Faculty members and experts in the various professional fields within the Faculty.
- liaise and corporate with other Faculties in the organisation of common courses.
- coordinate the work of the Departments within the Faculty.
- consult with, and be assisted by the Heads of Department in the execution of his/her duties.
Staff seeking appointment as Dean must:
- be of Professorial rank,
- however, staff who have served in the capacity as Senior Lecturer for at least four (4) years and have eight (8) papers after promotion may apply.
How To Apply For University of Education, Winneba Vacancies – 2017
Interested candidates are requested to submit an application letter together with the following:
- Ten (10) copies of Curriculum Vitae, including Names and Addresses of three (3) referees; and,
- Ten (10) copies of two-page statement of candidate’s vision for the Faculty.
- Indicate which Faculty he/she wishes to be considered.
Application Closing Date
Application materials for the University of Education, Winneba job recruitment should be submitted latest by the set closing date – 11th August, 2017.
Application letters should be addressed to the Registrar, University of Education, Winneba, P. O. Box 25, Winneba.
Only short listed candidates will be considered.