Ghana Police Service recruitment for 2018, requirements, application details and how to apply have been released by the authorities at www.police.gov.gh. More details of the Ghana Police Service (GPS) recruitment exercise can be found below.
If you are looking to get a join into the Ghana Police Service, you should probably read more information on Ghana Police Service recruitment Entry Requirements, completing the application form, entry examinations details and application closing date.
Details of Ghana Police Service Recruitment for 2018
Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for 2018/2019 recruitment into the Ghana Police Service. The mode of application is done only online and submission of applications will close on May 31, 2018.
Ghana Police Service Recruitment Entry Requirements
Requirements and general eligibility for the 2018 recruitment signed and issued by the Director General of Human Resource Department, DCOP Beatrice Vib-Sanziri.
According to the Police authorities, all applicants must be
- Ghanaians not less 18 years and not more than 25 years of age by April 1, 2017,
- At least 5 feet 8 inches (173 cm) tall for males and 5 feet 4 inches (163) for females,
- Physically fit
- Must be of good character
- Without any criminal record.
- Ghana Police Service Recruitment Academic qualification
All applications must possess a minimum academic qualification of Six (6) credits passes (A1 – C6) at WASSCE, including English language and Mathematics.
How To Apply For Ghana Police Service Recruitment (Mode of Application)
- Purchase application voucher at any GCB Bank Limited at GhȻ100 only
- You need functional e-mail address before purchasing the application voucher.
- Give your full official name at the point of purchase.
- Use your serial number (SN) and pin code (PIN) to access the application form online.
- Keep your SN and PIN for all states of the recruitment process.
- The online Ghana Police Service registration form is accessible only by the SN and PIN.
- Once the online application is opened, follow the instructions carefully and fill.
SEE ALSO: Ghana Police Service Ranks Structure
Ghana Police Service Recruitment Process (Step-by-Step)
1. After online application, applicants who meet the initial requirements will be shortlisted and invited to centres of their choice for further processes.
2. At recruitment centres there should be
a. Body examination and selection
b. Examination and inspection of academic and personal documents
3. Successful candidates in (2) above shall be made to write aptitude test
4. Candidates who pass the aptitude test will go through a thorough criminal and background check.
5. Then there shall be medical examination for successful applicants.
6. The final stage of the processes is invitation to commence training.
Things to note
1. Forms are not being sold for this recruitment exercise
2. Filling in of the Ghana Police recruitment application form is done online only.
3. The Police Service has not contracted any middlemen to recruit on its behalf.
4. Read guidelines thoroughly and carefully before filling the form
5. Do not submit more than one application; you will be disqualified if you do so
6. All academic certificates will be vetted at WAEC, and any applicant who is found to have presented forged document will be prosecuted
7. All correspondence with applications will be done through their e-mails only
8. Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for further processes.
More information can be obtained from www.police.gov.gh